O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter, and we all are the work of Your Hand. ---ISAIAH 64:8
Friday, March 30, 2012
Carving Bowls....
I'm trying different decorating techniques...today I carved one of my bowls then applied a black underglaze. I will continue to practice my carving on imperfect pieces. When I'm better at throwing then my carving skills will also be up to par and my glazing technique. Everything will just flow together at the same time...right!? : } Bowls to be continued.......
Labels:
bowls,
carving,
pottery,
underglaze
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi. :-)
ReplyDeleteHello..How are you? Thanks for the comment...
ReplyDeleteThe black underglaze looks super on your carved bowl.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda! I was going to glaze it with a clear glaze but I'm tempted to experiment with a different color.
DeleteI like how you've brought the carving into the foot. Well done. Show us a picture when it's completed.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lori..I will try to show any piece I post finished...I do enjoy the smooth look of greenware.
DeleteWelcome to the wonderful, frustrating world of clay.
ReplyDeleteI like the gesture in your carving. What temp do you fire at?
Thanks for following me.
Thank you. The studio I am a student of fires at Cone 10. I have only found clay to be wonderful. I feel blessed to be able to take class again.
ReplyDelete